Rike Ehm recently attended the "Mindd International Forum on Children" in Sydney. The Mindd Foundation focuses on Metabolic, Immunologic, Neurologic and Digestive Disorders (Mindd) which can cause problems with concentration, behaviour, fatigue and overall health in children.
Research confirms that there is an alarming rise in a range of childhood disease including allergies, asthma, ADHD, autism, and learning delay. Cutting edge medical science indicates that these seemingly unrelated conditions are medically linked by underlying issues of nutritonal deficiencies, toxicity and infections. An Integrative approach reduces the risk of long-term disease and often eliminates the need for treating symptoms with puffers, grommets, antibiotics, cortisone cream, antihistamines and surgery.
Good nutrition plays an essential part in addressing these disorders appropriately and is the key to achieving long lasting health improvements.
Why are so many children on medication and elimination diets? Why are our schools filled with nut & gluten-free policies? What is the connection between allergies and learning delay?
Did You Know?
- Many learning and behavioural disorders are linked to digestive disorders
- Nutritional deficiencies create an imbalance in neurotransmitters which can affect behaviour, concentration, mood, sleep and addictions.
- ADHD, allergies, autism and asthma often share and underlying chemistry characterized by nutrient deficiencies, infections, and toxicity.
- A healthy diet is not adequate if a damaged gastro intestinal tract is not properly absorbing nutrients.
- 70% of the neurotransmitters in you brain are also in your gut.
- Allergies and nutritional deficiencies are often misdiagnosed as ADHD, learning delay or behavioural disorders.
- Many children with learning delay have auditory and/or visual processing issues that do not show up on standard hearing and vison tests.
- Antibiotics, "the pill", refined carbohydrates, lack of breastfeeding, heavy metals and chemicals all disrupt the microbe balance of the gastro intestinal tract which can lead to allergies, poor concentration, language & behavioural issues, bedwetting and chronic infections.